Car remapping, also known as chip tuning, is the process of modifying the engine’s computer software to improve its performance. This can be done to increase power, improve fuel economy, or both.
There are many reasons why you might want to have your car remapped. Here are a few of the most common:
- Increased power: Remapping can increase the power output of your engine by up to 30%. This can be useful if you want to improve your car’s performance in sports or racing events.
- Improved fuel economy: Remapping can also improve your car’s fuel economy by up to 10%. This can save you money on fuel costs over time.
- Better throttle response: Remapping can improve the throttle response of your car, making it feel more responsive when you press the accelerator. This can be useful for driving in city traffic or on winding roads.
- Reduced emissions: Remapping can also reduce the emissions of your car, making it more environmentally friendly.
If you are considering having your car remapped, it is important to do your research and find a reputable tuner. There are many different tuners out there, and not all of them are created equal. Some tuners may use cheap software that can damage your car’s engine. It is important to find a tuner who uses high-quality software and who has experience tuning cars of your make and model.
Once you have found a reputable tuner, they will need to collect some information about your car, such as its make, model, and engine size. They will also need to know what you are hoping to achieve with the remapping. Once they have this information, they will be able to create a custom map for your car.
The remapping process itself is usually done in a few hours. The tuner will connect your car to a computer and use special software to upload the new map to the car’s computer. Once the remapping is complete, you will need to drive the car for a few miles to allow the new map to learn the engine’s behavior.
After the remapping is complete, you should notice a difference in your car’s performance. It should be more powerful, have better throttle response, and get better fuel economy. You may also notice that the emissions of your car have been reduced.
If you are considering having your car remapped, I encourage you to do your research and find a reputable tuner. Remapping can be a great way to improve the performance and fuel economy of your car.
Here are some additional things to expect from car remapping:
- The price of car remapping can vary depending on the tuner and the make and model of your car. However, it typically costs between £200 and £500.
- The remapping process is usually done in a few hours. However, it may take longer if the tuner needs to do any additional work, such as cleaning the engine or replacing the air filter.
- After the remapping is complete, you will need to drive the car for a few miles to allow the new map to learn the engine’s behavior.
- Remapping can void your car’s warranty. However, many tuners offer a warranty on their services.
Car remapping near me is a safe and effective way to improve the performance and fuel economy of your car. However, it is important to do your research and find a reputable tuner. By following these tips, you can ensure that you get the best possible results from car remapping.