Kerala, the picturesque state nestled in the southwestern region of India, is known as ‘God’s Own Country.’ With its pristine beaches, lush green backwaters, tranquil hills, and vibrant culture, Kerala offers an unparalleled experience to tourists. If you are planning your next vacation and want to explore this beautiful land, then look no further than Kerala Holiday Packages. In this article, we will take you through some of the best places to visit in Kerala, along with details about tour packages that cater to different interests and preferences.
Places to Visit in Kerala:
- Munnar – The Tea Capital of India: Located at an altitude of around 6000 feet above sea level, Munnar is a paradise for nature lovers. This hill station, covered by verdant tea plantations, attracts visitors from all over the world. Some of the popular tourist attractions here include Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, and Attukad Waterfalls.
- Alleppey – The Venice of the East: Known for its serene backwaters, houseboats, and traditional coir industry, Alleppey is a must-visit destination in Kerala. You can enjoy a leisurely ride on a houseboat or a shikhara (traditional wooden boat), soaking in the breathtaking scenery while sipping coconut water. Don’t forget to try out the local delicacies like fish curry, appams, and banana chips during your stay here.
- Kumarakom – A Birdwatcher’s Paradise: Situated on the banks of Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom is famous for its vast network of interconnected water bodies teeming with marine life. It is also home to several species of migratory birds, making it a birdwatcher’s delight. Some of the top attractions here include Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Bay Island Driftwood Museum, and Thannermukkam Dhamanagar Beach.
- Fort Kochi – A Fusion of Cultures: Fort Kochi, located near the port city of Kochi, is a melting pot of various cultures, including Portuguese, Dutch, and British. Here, you can witness the fusion of Indian and European architectural styles, evident in buildings such as St. Francis Church, Santa Cruz Basilica, and Vasco da Gama Square. Also, don’t miss the Chinese fishing nets, a unique sight you won’t find anywhere else!
- Wayanad – Nature’s Abode: Nestled amidst dense forests and misty mountains, Wayanad is a scenic district that promises an enchanting experience. From trekking to wildlife safaris, there’s something for everyone here. Popular destinations include Chembra Peak, Edakkal Caves, and Banasura Sagar Dam.
Kerala Holiday Packages cater to different interests and requirements. Whether you prefer adventure sports, cultural immersion, or rejuvenating spa treatments, you are covered. Below are some of the most popular packages:
- Honeymoon Tour Package – For newlywed couples seeking romance and intimacy, our honeymoon tours combine scenic beauty, luxury accommodations, and romantic activities like candlelit dinners, private cruises, and sunset walks on the beach.
- Adventure Tour Package – Ideal for adrenaline junkies looking for thrilling experiences, our adventure tours include trekking, rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, and other exciting activities in locations like Munnar, Coorg, and Wayanad.
- Cultural Tour Package – Designed for history buffs and culture enthusiasts who want to immerse themselves in the rich heritage of Kerala, our cultural tours feature visits to ancient temples, historic monuments, and traditional art forms like Kathakali dance and classical music performances.
- Wellness & Spa Tour Package – Perfect for those seeking relaxation and rejuvenation, our wellness and spa tours include yoga sessions, Ayurvedic massages, meditation classes, and healthy vegetarian meals at peaceful retreat centers.
In conclusion, Kerala is a magical place that captivates visitors with its natural splendor, cultural heritage, and warm hospitality. You are sure to return home with unforgettable memories of your time in God’s own country.